Company

Company history

1913 The moulder Wilhelm Schley founded his own foundry WILHELM SCHLEY in Hamburg-Horn

1923 The company moved to Hamburg-Wandsbek

1928 The mechanical manufacturing of valves started

1943 During the second world war the company was completely destroyed, but the factory was rebuilt and even increased in the post war years

1954 Wilhelm Schley’s daughter Frieda and her husband Günter Oßwald assumed the management of the firm

1965 The company merged with firm Weber & Westphal Regelarmaturen

1992 The company-owned foundry was closed

1993 The grandson Dirk Oßwald took over the management

1994 Wilhelm Schley GmbH & Co. KG relocated to new built production facility in Trittau

1998 - 2013 Installation of modern CNC machining centres and start-up of one CNC five axis –machining centre

2013 Wilhelm Schley GmbH & Co. KG celebrates the 100th anniversary